Kingdom Hearts
Welcome to our site! We ask that you take a look around and join us for an adventure!
Raiku's Mist  Large

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kingdom Hearts
Welcome to our site! We ask that you take a look around and join us for an adventure!
Raiku's Mist  Large
Kingdom Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» June Updates
Raiku's Mist  EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 12:13 pm by Yuffie

» HELLO OUT THERE!
Raiku's Mist  EmptySun May 15, 2016 10:22 am by Yuffie

» Squire Knight of the Fourth Order, Luna
Raiku's Mist  EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 1:45 pm by Roxas

» February Updates
Raiku's Mist  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 8:44 pm by Yuffie

» Roxas is a daddy???
Raiku's Mist  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:01 pm by Yuffie

» Blast From The Past (Chat room)
Raiku's Mist  EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 2:41 pm by Roxas

» NEW YEARS BASH (RP EVERYONE CHUM ON!)
Raiku's Mist  EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:06 pm by Yuffie

» Sea Salt Ice Cream (open to all)
Raiku's Mist  EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 11:59 am by Yuffie

» My OC: Rowan
Raiku's Mist  EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:29 am by Yuffie

Navigation
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 251 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:08 am
Admins
Roxas, Head Admin
Roxas
MrsGrizzley, BoardMom Admin
MrsGrizzley
Riku, Points Admin
Riku
Moderators
Shade Leonhart, Attitude Adjuster
Shade Leonhart
Yuffie, Motivational Mod
Yuffie

Raiku's Mist

2 posters

Go down

Raiku's Mist  Empty Raiku's Mist

Post by Heartless Nobody Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:33 pm

Name: Mist Mirage

Magic Cost: 10

Duration:Ice last up to 5 post ,Fire 3 and and Water 3

Requirements: Raiku needs to be in an area with snow,ice,water anything that can make mist even steam(fire) if possible.

Elemental Alignment: Ice,Water and fire

Class: Defense

Description: it looks like a huge mist of either snow, rain or smoke(if fire). the surrounds get blurry to the point where no one can see or detect it is a mirage of some sort. if its Snow Mist nothing for Raiku is use to it if is Rain mist he has to close his eyes and hear his way around for the water sometimes gets in his eyes,while the Fire Mist Blinds him making him go berserk trying to find some way out of it or some way to see diving in all directions he will attack everyone and everything in his way to try and find an escape from this mist or wipe it off his eyes (he rarely uses this since it is still new to him and is very difficult. it blinds the foe for a decent amount of time or just distracts the foe for a quick escape.

History: Raiku learned it one Winter storm he was in the snow and a blizzard hit since he was already gifted with the power of Ice or snow he learned to conquer his element but after some time he masted it with rain but has difficulty with fire since it is new mainly with fire. Raiku took on a marauding band of pirates once has fought a huge troll with it and has made it threw some bad weather. it has helped Raiku get out of many fights and flee many scenes or troubles but it also has sometimes been his down fall since he has been trying to master Fire and has almost mastered Water,fire has been a burden to him and he is thinking of leaving it all together but then thinks to him self if he can learn it he can use it to his advantage,while water all it dose is bother his eyes he has been training with this trying to let it hit his eyes but to his results it has failed so far but it is progressing.

Last edited by Heartless on Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Heartless Nobody
Heartless Nobody

http://worthlessnobody.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Raiku's Mist  Empty Re: Raiku's Mist

Post by MrsGrizzley Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:27 pm

Duration needs to be set more definitively than that. Set the spell duration at the maximum possible but yes, sometimes spells can be broken before that duration is done and people are sometimes able to escape.

Other than that I *think* it looks okay, but I'll have to check it again when you're able to get the duration settled.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

http://www.maracaegrizzley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartless Nobody Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:24 pm

um sorry i am not understanding fully do you mean it has to be accurate on how many post it is then i did that if u mean it has to be direct then i think i have to work on it.
and also yes when they get out of the move it usually pends to last short term so yeah i had to place 3-6 for a just in case.

Heartless Nobody
Heartless Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:21 pm

what I'm saying is that duration is a set amount of posts. You can't give a RANGE of posts.

It's the difference between saying, "lasts 5 posts" and saying "lasts between 3 to 6 posts". "3 to 6" is a range instead of a set duration.

Okay, looking at your edits... uhm... okay, I misunderstood how this worked in terms of Element. I thought that you were using Fire to make steam out of either Ice or Water depending on Environment, which I would allow as that's only two Elements in use.

And I really get uncomfortable with trying to blend more than two Elements in a single spell.

If you're trying for three different spells, though... as is implied by your description and by the difference in Duration, then they need to be written as different spells.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartless Nobody Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:12 am

oops sorry i guess i made this more confusing then it needs to hmm let me minimize the elements could it maybe just be water and ice like precipitation you know how if its cold and it gets warmer the air gets condense or something maybe i could try it out with water and ice only how about it?
let me get the word and I'll begin working on it.

Heartless Nobody
Heartless Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:02 pm

Well, thing is, I can see the use of Fire with either of the other elements for the purposes of making Mist.

It's the lowered duration on two of the variations and the confusion from that which make the whole thing twitchy. See, lemme show you...

if its Snow Mist nothing for Raiku is use to it if is Rain mist he has to close his eyes and hear his way around for the water sometimes gets in his eyes,while the Fire Mist Blinds him making him go berserk trying to find some way out of it or some way to see diving in all directions he will attack everyone and everything in his way to try and find an escape from this mist or wipe it off his eyes (he rarely uses this since it is still new to him and is very difficult.

That's three variations with three different effects and seems to be three different spells.

Now, I can see using Water and Fire to create various densities of Mist by combining them in differing proportions. Or Ice and Fire for the same effect since that includes Water in theory. That I don't have a problem with. Having the spell set as Fire + Ice OR Water, works well because it only uses two Elements at a time and it sill allows for variation in environment.

My concern has to do with the sheer number of varieties you're trying to get into a single spell.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartless Nobody Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:57 pm

you know what Miss Grizzly i think you are so right this is calling for three moves so if you don't mind i am off to do that but one question thought how much Magic cost is it for mist?
i guessed around 10 but if u could please and i will try to divide the information up into three magics since i am a bit frustrated about this and mad at myself for being so blind and dumb grrr thank you for pointing out all my problems and i will get to all of this eventually i am somewhat busy lately.
grrr dumb dumb dumb *smacks self*
Heartless Nobody
Heartless Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:40 pm

Heartless, it's okay to make mistakes sometimes. Goodness knows I've made some doozies.

I was really big early on for having all SORTS of effects in a single spell. I had one Healing spell that could do everything from heal to harm to alter the physical appearance of a target. Not to mention the uses that can only be mentioned in M-Rated arenas...

Yeah, it was based off Healing from ElfQuest.

In any event, cost is going to depend on how deep you intend the mist to be and how long you want it to stick around. 5 MP is a Tier 1, so it would be a relatively thin mist in a small area that doesn't stick around for very long. 10 MP can get you a stronger mist for longer, though area of effect is still going to be relatively small, and I will need some sort of a distance description on that.

So really it depends on how much you want it to impede your opponents, though impeding your character at the same time can mitigate some of that cost, just not very much and it needs to be noticeable.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartless Nobody Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:13 pm

may you please delete this thank you i don't need it i am thinking of starting fresh with better moves.
(i don't want to see my failures)
Heartless Nobody
Heartless Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:08 am

*chuckle*

Don't think of it as a failure. It's a learning experience.

At the least I'll lock this, though.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down