Kingdom Hearts
Welcome to our site! We ask that you take a look around and join us for an adventure!
Chains(Finished) Large

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kingdom Hearts
Welcome to our site! We ask that you take a look around and join us for an adventure!
Chains(Finished) Large
Kingdom Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» June Updates
Chains(Finished) EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 12:13 pm by Yuffie

» HELLO OUT THERE!
Chains(Finished) EmptySun May 15, 2016 10:22 am by Yuffie

» Squire Knight of the Fourth Order, Luna
Chains(Finished) EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 1:45 pm by Roxas

» February Updates
Chains(Finished) EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 8:44 pm by Yuffie

» Roxas is a daddy???
Chains(Finished) EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:01 pm by Yuffie

» Blast From The Past (Chat room)
Chains(Finished) EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 2:41 pm by Roxas

» NEW YEARS BASH (RP EVERYONE CHUM ON!)
Chains(Finished) EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:06 pm by Yuffie

» Sea Salt Ice Cream (open to all)
Chains(Finished) EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 11:59 am by Yuffie

» My OC: Rowan
Chains(Finished) EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:29 am by Yuffie

Navigation
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 251 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:08 am
Admins
Roxas, Head Admin
Roxas
MrsGrizzley, BoardMom Admin
MrsGrizzley
Riku, Points Admin
Riku
Moderators
Shade Leonhart, Attitude Adjuster
Shade Leonhart
Yuffie, Motivational Mod
Yuffie

Chains(Finished)

4 posters

Go down

Chains(Finished) Empty Chains(Finished)

Post by Zetsu Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:21 pm

Name: Prison Chains

Type of Weapon: Chains

Primary/Secondary: Primary

Description: The chain is a somewhat rusted long link of chained piece of metal. They are wrapped around the users arm. It has a silver color to them. Also, the chain is covered in blood, because of the user. The size of it cannot be determined. There is only one chain. The chain is 15 feet long and the user has 10 feet of striking range. The user can only do simple things when controlling the chain. Such as straightening out the end or making a hook out of top. The user does not have full control over the chain, which means that it cannot fully wrap around anything.

Elemental Alignment: N/A

Ability/Function: The ability of the chains is that the user can control them by just thinking about it. It is almost if they are apart of the users body. They also have the ability to change in size.

Close/long range: Close to Mid

History: The chains were made to keep Zetsumei in jail until he was put to death. He is still in these chains, but when he gets out, these will not come off. Even though they were made hard to break, they can be broken with enough time spent on them.

Pictures: Chains(Finished) IMG_1555

Last edited by Zetsu on Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:00 pm; edited 3 times in total

Zetsu
Noob cake
Noob cake

Back to top Go down

Chains(Finished) Empty Re: Chains(Finished)

Post by Roxas Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:12 am

The only problem is that, we have a rule that "duel wielding" covers any weapons of two or more. It's going to just have to be a single chain until you get your post count up.
Roxas
Roxas
Head Admin
Head Admin

http://kingdomhearts.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zetsu Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:12 am

I know what duel wielding is. But you are asking me to get 500 posts before I can use another one. I can understand how this rule stands for a Keyblade, but for a normal weapon such as mine, its too much.

Zetsu
Noob cake
Noob cake

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:20 pm

But Rules are Rules.

We aren't saying that you can't use one with two hands, that's the essence of any two-handed weapon. We're saying that you can't use two weapons, yet.

Now, if you were bare-fisting it, or simply putting on gloves of some sort, that would be something completely different to my mind.

Besides, the whole notion of any two-weapon style, any Florentine or sword-and-sheath or sword-and-dagger or sword-and-sword style is that it's going to be much more difficult to master. One weapon is difficult enough. Keeping control of two weapons is incredibly more complicated to manage.

It's part of the reason there's still problems with people being able to master a Katana-based two-weapon style.

Now, traditionally in two weapon styles one is the offensive weapon and one is the defensive weapon and that designation can change, but given the low prevalence of true ambidexterity it takes a level of concentration that only experience can give.

So sorry, but you'll have to limit yourself to one chain now and gain the other at 500 posts after we've had a chance to test your ability to fight.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

http://www.maracaegrizzley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zetsu Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:05 pm

I still don't see the point, but whatever. I'm not gonna get into it.

Updated and Finished

Zetsu
Noob cake
Noob cake

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:37 pm

I see no difference...besides you changing the word "chains" to "chain" maybe twice in the description. Yet you still said they are wrapped around your characters "arms"...with an "s"...plural...still meaning two chains...specify that there is only ONE chain and not two.
Roxas
Roxas
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zetsu Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:48 pm

Updated

Zetsu
Noob cake
Noob cake

Back to top Go down

Post by Caranore Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:26 pm

AGain, because I dont feel like PMing two people when I can just post this here. One chain can be used by two hands if itslong enough, meaning he CAN dual wield in a technical sense. If he can switch from using a chain with one hand to using that same chain in another hand, why cant he just get one chain long enough to use with both hands?

Also, one chain can also bind both arms if it is long enough, rendering that point invalid. 500 posts for dual wielding requires two different weapons like you said above, but if he has one weapon that he is using with two hands, that is an invalid point.
Caranore
Caranore

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:33 pm

Look, in case you didn't get it the first time.

Unless you are Staff, don't post in other people's creation topics.

And as for your point? How about Because It's the Rules. We don't HAVE to give you explanations for WHY we do things the way we do. These are the Rules. Obey them.

I was offering an explanation as a courtesy. Not because I have to explain anything to you.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caranore Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:46 pm

Actually, the definition of Dual wielding is two weapons.

We aren't saying that you can't use one with two hands, that's the essence of any two-handed weapon. We're saying that you can't use two weapons, yet.

Now, if you were bare-fisting it, or simply putting on gloves of some sort, that would be something completely different to my mind.

Besides, the whole notion of any two-weapon style, any Florentine or sword-and-sheath or sword-and-dagger or sword-and-sword style is that it's going to be much more difficult to master. One weapon is difficult enough. Keeping control of two weapons is incredibly more complicated to manage.

I see no reason why two chains is hard to accomplish considering hes used/lived with them for a while

Also, I comment whenever and whereever I see flaws in the system. Let alone having two chains requiring 500 posts? He could have two but only use one. That is allowed by the rules. Then just upgrade to connect them. If he makes an app with two weapons, nothing saying he needs to use both of them at the start.

Now, lets get into this. Roxas can dualwield. Wrong. History of roxas: becomes a nobody, finds out he can wield A keyblade. (emphasis on A). KILLS XIon to dual wield. Since the rules state all starting member who wish to have a keyblademust start with the kingdom keyblade, Roxas and Kairi and RIku and XIon would need to start witht hose. Secondly the rules state 500 posts for dual wielding. Since it has been stated that everyone must start with Kingdom Key, and it is shown that ROxas doesnt dual wield until Xion dies, and Xion is obviously still alive here, flaw in the system and favoritism.

I could keep going on and on, and I have no doubt you would counter every point I made, but you see what I am getting at, or I hope.
Caranore
Caranore

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:04 pm

I have locked this topic until Roxas can make a decision regarding it and regarding your blatant disregard for the rules and for the Administration.

I'm not even sure we are going to allow this weapon at all because we had not yet gotten to addressing the Telekinetic aspect of it, much less allowable length.

When he is able to, Roxas will render his decision and you will accept it.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:25 am

Caranore...I was just thinking last night, it had been a while since anyone had acted up on the site...oh how I was enjoying the break. But you had to ruin it...what a witch...pun intended...

Canon characters that come to this site are welcomed to whatever weapons they had in the game, that's the rules and that is just being fair. That's how it is on any KH site. Get over it. Stop being pissed off at the world and get over yourself.

You are under NO circumstances allowed to post wherever you deam necessary. You are NOT staff nor will you ever be. We show no favoritism here. If you ever have an outbreak like this again, you won't be allowed back on this site. You need to learn to hold your tongue. For your first offense, you will be banned for five days. Congratulations, you have just been hammered by da ban. I can't tell you how angry I get when a cocky, little kid tries to push arround management. You better find a new attitude before you come back, if you come back.
Roxas
Roxas
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:40 am

Okay, now that that has been dealt with, we can move on to the issue which is supposed to be at hand.

This weapon.

Zetsu, at the very least we need a definite length for this chain that you are using and I am very uncomfortable with the telekinetic aspect to them that you are describing. This sort of weapon would be very difficult to utilize, but it's been done.

Maybe not here, but there are chain-type weapons in movies and such.

Why do you need telekinetic control rather than simple physics?

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caranore Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:50 am

Whee, Im back. No, this is for Zetsu. He is in schoolat the moment and wont be home till late, and he would like this finished by that time. I can send you a copy of the texts if you would like.

Chain Length: 30 feet.

Asto the telekinetic portion,he stated he wanted them to be like part of his body (how the extending would work with a 30 foot chain I have no idea). So... Kinda like an octopus I guess? They can shrink their tentacles a little and make the bigger in circumference, or longer and thinner.
Caranore
Caranore

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:54 am

Zetsu can post regarding this when he gets home. It can wait that long.

You need to stay out of other people's Creation Topics.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caranore Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:01 am

*shrugs* Zetsu asked me to post for him, so I did. There should be no problems with that since Im merely relaying messages.
Caranore
Caranore

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:25 am

Caranore...it would be wise not to post here again. This is Zetsu's topic, he can handle posting the updates himself. Until then, it remains unapproved. When Zetsu gets on again, me, Zetsu, and Grizzley will discuss all of this...
Roxas
Roxas
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zetsu Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:11 pm

Well, everything Caranore says is true. What he says about the chains, is what I wanted to post, but was away.

Zetsu
Noob cake
Noob cake

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:26 pm

Okay, for one, a 30 ft chain is going to be an exceptionally long weapon. However, I imagine that some of that length is going to be caught up in remaining wrapped around Zetsu, so what sort of functional distance are you looking at for a strike.

If you have ever watched someone in a martial arts movie fight with a chain or a thick rope or such you're going to know that physics is a dominant factor to the style.

The reason I am extremely nervous about telekinetic control of a chain has to do with potential moddiness. It's one thing to use a weapon to attempt to strike an opponent, it's another thing to use a weapon as a grapple device. In general we disallow outright Stun and Paralyze spells for that very reason.

However, I'd like to know Roxas' opinion on the matter of the telekinetic control and I'd like a better idea of what kind of control we're talking about here.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:39 pm

Give Grizz and I some more detail about the kind of control you shall have on the chains so we can further know how to form our opinions on the matter.
Roxas
Roxas
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zetsu Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:47 pm

I was thinking simple control of it. Moving the top of it so I can swing around things, and making part of it straight so its easier to block attacks.

And I'm thinking of make the length 15 ft instead of 30. And I'm thinking of having a 9 to 10 striking range.

Zetsu
Noob cake
Noob cake

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:54 pm

Be sure to edit in all the details and add a little more description to it. Otherwise I see no further issues, unless Grizzley sees something.
Roxas
Roxas
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:57 pm

Well, as long as he's not pulling a boa constrictor on people with it then my concerns are addressed.

I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zetsu Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:00 pm

updated.

Zetsu
Noob cake
Noob cake

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:03 pm

Admin's Badge of Approval. Just be careful how this is used Zet.
Roxas
Roxas
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum