Kingdom Hearts
Welcome to our site! We ask that you take a look around and join us for an adventure!
Dark Shadow Destruction Large

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kingdom Hearts
Welcome to our site! We ask that you take a look around and join us for an adventure!
Dark Shadow Destruction Large
Kingdom Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» June Updates
Dark Shadow Destruction EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 12:13 pm by Yuffie

» HELLO OUT THERE!
Dark Shadow Destruction EmptySun May 15, 2016 10:22 am by Yuffie

» Squire Knight of the Fourth Order, Luna
Dark Shadow Destruction EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 1:45 pm by Roxas

» February Updates
Dark Shadow Destruction EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 8:44 pm by Yuffie

» Roxas is a daddy???
Dark Shadow Destruction EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:01 pm by Yuffie

» Blast From The Past (Chat room)
Dark Shadow Destruction EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 2:41 pm by Roxas

» NEW YEARS BASH (RP EVERYONE CHUM ON!)
Dark Shadow Destruction EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:06 pm by Yuffie

» Sea Salt Ice Cream (open to all)
Dark Shadow Destruction EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 11:59 am by Yuffie

» My OC: Rowan
Dark Shadow Destruction EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:29 am by Yuffie

Navigation
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 251 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:08 am
Admins
Roxas, Head Admin
Roxas
MrsGrizzley, BoardMom Admin
MrsGrizzley
Riku, Points Admin
Riku
Moderators
Shade Leonhart, Attitude Adjuster
Shade Leonhart
Yuffie, Motivational Mod
Yuffie

Dark Shadow Destruction

2 posters

Go down

Dark Shadow Destruction Empty Dark Shadow Destruction

Post by Axis Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:49 pm

Name: Dark Shadow Destruction

Magic Cost: 15 Mp
    - 5 Mp: Dark Orb
    - 10 Mp: Fira Magic

Duration: 2 Post - 2 Phases 

Requirements:
    - Elemental mastery over Darkness
    - Elemental mastery over Fire

Elemental Alignment:
    - Primary: Darkness
    - Secondary: Fire

Class: Offensive

Description: The opponet is swallowed into the darkness for a moment then they appear again trapped inside a clear orb. The caster has control over this orb with one hand they choose to use. When they finally make their hand go into a fist, the orb is covered in fire and then explodes. The spell does fair damage as well as gives minor to small burns. More powerful attacks can make the orb break and disapate. This also applies when you attack the orb with opposing elements of the spells elemetal alignment, like light or ice. So say if I were to trap you and you were 3x my power and you attacked my orb it would crumble and disappear because your attack was much more stronger then it and therefore stopped it

History: This was one of the first moves Axis had created for herself after she had entered the World That Never Was as a new nobody. She wanted something that could have a mixture of her two stronger elements. Soon after she learned she had learned she possesed the Kingdom Key, she set to work trying to perfect the best move she could with such small power she had. With months of training and hard work she had finally got the move she was looking for. It took her awhile to name it but the ame soon came to her. This became one of her preferred moves.

Last edited by Axis on Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:18 pm; edited 5 times in total
Axis
Axis

Back to top Go down

Dark Shadow Destruction Empty Re: Dark Shadow Destruction

Post by MrsGrizzley Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:03 pm

Hmm . . . Lessee, 2 posts one to catch the opponent and one to explode the sphere and cause the damage.

I do not like the idea of an opponent being trapped inside a spell for ANY duration. That has twitchy as hell written all over it.

A two phase attack spell, that I don't have a problem with, two phases in the same post I don't have a problem with. I'm just VERY uncomfortable with the shades of Character Control going on with "trapped inside a clear orb".

I presume that by "Elemental mastery" that you mention in Requirements involves Elements being listed in the Elemental Mastery list and not a level of *actual* mastery that can only be achieved through extensive experience.

Now, with this being 20 MP, you're talking a HUGELY powerful spell. Firaga would only be 15 MP. You are also talking about using almost your entire MP pool for a whole fight thread in a single spell. Now, I can see doing that under some conditions, but remember that fights aren't decided in a single post with a single attack and having to melee out the rest of a fight can get annoying because there is no MP regen process installed here. Once MP is spent, it's gone for the duration of the thread.

Just some things to think about.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

http://www.maracaegrizzley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Axis Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:44 pm

Alright I see where your coming from. The orb itself is on the iffy line of god modding but I assure you it's not going to take too much from them. It's a small spell and my first so I changed the flaws and the spell will only cause small and minor damage and burns. So it's not massively overpowered.

My logic on the two post was to present an opertunity for the person trapped in the orb to escape. More powerful attacks can make the orb break and disapate. This also applies when you attack the orb with opposing elements of the spells elemetal alignment, like light or ice. So say if I were to trap you and you were 3x my power like you are already and you attacked my orb it would crumble and disappear because your attack was much stronger then it and therefore stopped it. So I hope this clears up your uneasy feel for the "trapped in the orb" bit

For the requirements; what I mean by elemental mastery is that the caster must know or be able to use the elements that the spell requires in order to work. For instance, Axis is aligned with Darkness and Fire and therefore knows how to wield both elements. So she is able to cast the spell because she has the required "elemental mastery" to do so. Basically the caster has to know the elements well enough to use the spell.

I've lessened the cost for the spell, it wasn't my intensions at all to make the spell overpower. If it is still toooo overpowered then I shall try and come up with another way to work around it. As for the fact of battle outcome I know from other sitely experiences battles are not easily ended by the turn of one ability or atleast not in all cases but I personally do not feel this will be a problem. I'll always give my all, spells or no spells. Besides this I really have no problem fighting purely melée style. If that's what it comes down to in a battle then so be it. I have the patience to do it and I certainly am not against only using brute strength and weaponry.

Thankyou though for your opinions and I have taken them into consideration as you can see hopefully. If you are still uneasy will this even after explanation then I will not argue only accept the fact that it is not good and work on re-vamping it. But with luck now I point out that I have tweaked and re-vamped this spell and hopefully it's more fair and acceptable.
Axis
Axis

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:49 pm

Actually, your explanation for breaking free is an excellent way to calm the twitchy feeling. That's the best way to handle that sort of situation.

And if you're allowing a chance to break free from the spell, then that's a perfectly legitimate use of a two-phase spell.

As for Elemental Mastery, so far as I know Characters here are not Element-locked, but what you're describing means that the elements are on the mastery tree. It's not likely that there will be a lot of "teaching" of spells or skills to other players, but sometimes these things are good to have clear anyway.

As for MP cost, at 15 what you likely have is a 5 MP capture orb and then a 10 MP explosion, which would put the explosion strength at Fira and the orb breakable if someone's stronger than you. Or you can say that the capture part is 10 MP, which requires more energy to break free, and the explosion itself is 5 which is Fire strength.

It is your choice.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axis Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:27 pm

I'm glad I could clear up that uneasy feeling with my explanation so you atleast know there will indeed be a chance of escape. I wouldn't make it without atleast some hope of breaking free of it.

Yes the mastery is more for a teaching scale so to speak. If it ever were to happen I would like to atleast keep good reference that certain requirements need to be met in order to learn it. Even though it seems pretty slim here on this site for now it's just for one of those "if so" cases.

As for your magic decision I've decided to make it a weak orb but a powerful explosion. I like the idea of having the bang! bigger then the trap. Cause if I do succeed in keeping someone trapped long enough then it would be good to make the last move the strongest part. Or atleast that's my opinion. So as I edited in; 5 of the total cost will go towards creating and sustaining the orb as long as I can before it breaks or heads to next phase and then the last 10 will be towards the final explosion. Which of course sums to the total of 15 mp. Thankyou for the help on that one~

Thankyou for the help in general~
Axis
Axis

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:07 am

Alright, just so you know, though, the price for both phases is paid at initial casting. The separation is so that people know what strength of spell or strike they need to use to block or break free of the spell.

So long as that is understood . . .

Approved, unless I missed something completely obvious.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down