Kingdom Hearts
Welcome to our site! We ask that you take a look around and join us for an adventure!
Weapon Copy Large

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kingdom Hearts
Welcome to our site! We ask that you take a look around and join us for an adventure!
Weapon Copy Large
Kingdom Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» June Updates
Weapon Copy EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 12:13 pm by Yuffie

» HELLO OUT THERE!
Weapon Copy EmptySun May 15, 2016 10:22 am by Yuffie

» Squire Knight of the Fourth Order, Luna
Weapon Copy EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 1:45 pm by Roxas

» February Updates
Weapon Copy EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 8:44 pm by Yuffie

» Roxas is a daddy???
Weapon Copy EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:01 pm by Yuffie

» Blast From The Past (Chat room)
Weapon Copy EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 2:41 pm by Roxas

» NEW YEARS BASH (RP EVERYONE CHUM ON!)
Weapon Copy EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:06 pm by Yuffie

» Sea Salt Ice Cream (open to all)
Weapon Copy EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 11:59 am by Yuffie

» My OC: Rowan
Weapon Copy EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:29 am by Yuffie

Navigation
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 251 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:08 am
Admins
Roxas, Head Admin
Roxas
MrsGrizzley, BoardMom Admin
MrsGrizzley
Riku, Points Admin
Riku
Moderators
Shade Leonhart, Attitude Adjuster
Shade Leonhart
Yuffie, Motivational Mod
Yuffie

Weapon Copy

3 posters

Go down

Weapon Copy Empty Weapon Copy

Post by Kuja Wed May 26, 2010 9:42 pm

Name: Weapon Copy

Magic Cost: 5

Duration: 5 post

Requirements: Have Takai

Elemental Alignment:none

Class: Supplementary

Description: The Weapon Copy spell is not very flashy in that when in use the spell simply has seven hands of energy shoot out of any one orb and they try to grab onto the weapon, when they do they teleport the weapon back to Kuja who has to hold the weapon. He must keep it in his possession for five of my own post, after that time a copy of the weapon is made, which soon is absorbed into Takai who then gains the abilities from the copy. After which Kuja tosses the weapon away as he has no further use for a weapon he already has a copy of, thus he does in a way give the person back their weapon more or less. The rules on the ability situation is explained in the weapon topic about Takai, also for weapons that are able to return to their original owners that ability is blocked as well as the ability for the weapon to inflict harm on Kuja. The weapon is not harmed in the least by this spell, so after it is over one can simply pick it back up and use it against Kuja once more if they couldn't get it back on their own.

History: The weapon copy spell is more of an reaction than an simple wish as Kuja only learned such a spell due to how it would make his personal weapon far more dangerous much much faster. He did not have to worry too much though about learning it, it was a very simple spell and rather straight forward to say the least. It was just a simple mix of a sealing spell, stealing spell, and then having Takai's natural ability to steal and absorb weapon abilities being used in the right order.
Kuja
Kuja
Approvalist
Approvalist

Back to top Go down

Weapon Copy Empty Re: Weapon Copy

Post by MrsGrizzley Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:31 pm

*sigh*

After thinking about this for a while, I have a few comments.

To start, I realize that you indicated that Takai can absorb up to two abilities from other weapons in your Takai post. However, that was presumably to account for Tournament won items or other such equipment. This spell is different from the abilities of your weapon normally because you are presumably going to use it against the weapons of other players.

That makes it twitchy.

I'm going to insist that Takai can only absorb one ability from one weapon with this spell at a time. If you want to absorb a new ability from another weapon then you must replace the one that has been absorbed.

Also, I am extremely nervous about the whole negating abilities from weapons which have been copied, as far as those weapons being used against you. However, if the ability is limited to only one weapon ability at a time then I suppose it can be endured.

Additionally, what sort of duration are you looking at for the copying effect? I realize that you are saying that it takes 5 posts to complete the spell, but once the spell is complete, how long does the ability remain copied and do you intend for that ability to occupy one of the two ability slots on Takai to begin with?

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

http://www.maracaegrizzley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:05 pm

This is a bit god-moddish...but its your call Grizz.
Roxas
Roxas
Head Admin
Head Admin

http://kingdomhearts.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:28 pm

Well, he's gotta hold on to the weapon for 5 consecutive posts, which pretty much means that he *can't* copy anything off any of the Keyblades because they can ALL be summoned back to their bearers.

If anyone else creates a weapon that can be summoned back, then that negates this spell as well.

And really, keeping a fight going long enough to copy a weapon and then be able to use the ability is going to be a herculean effort anyway, especially since I really don't want to see the copied ability last past that particular thread.

Well, Kuja? How badly do you want this spell?

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuja Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:27 pm

*shakes head and laughs a bit at their mis-reading*

This makes a physical copy of the weapon, aka I copy your sword a physical copy is made of it. But due to Takai draining the weapon as soon as Kuja even tries to touch it poof it turns to dust and is used to fuel the weapon, the copy is suppose to be permanent and I could build a collection with me using weapon topics to show the copy and show what it does when used to fuel takai. Also Grizz yet again why would this have to be treated differently than earning weapons in a tournament? I think a life and death fight that could end with me fighting 2 or 3 people is far harder than a tournament that has rules.

Now to make my collection thing not crazy it would require that after I pick two abilities those are the ones I stuck with for the rest of the topic.

Also Grizz the negating effect is to KEEP you little keyblade users from poofing your weapons back, if you guys can do that then everyone would and this would be useless. Think you two why would I make a spell that is useless against Keyblade users when most of the members USE keyblades. After I let the weapon go from the spell you can then summon it back, that means the negation only works DURING THE SPELL! After it your weapon can send fire balls or what ever at me, sheesh guys.

Either way I thought we talked this out grizz, then again you guys did wait over a week to even look at it -.-

But to ease others, if your weapon does one ability doesn't mean I will have the exact same. it will be close but not exact, I can't exactly slash my orb to send out crescent blades like You can Grizz. That would be just silly.
Kuja
Kuja
Approvalist
Approvalist

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:00 pm

For one, I barely remember the conversation in chat where you were thinking *about* building the spell. I have had some rather pressing creative issues of late, so don't hassle me about taking so long on this one.

For two, a permanent alteration to your weapon would require either a LOT more MP to copy a weapon OR Consent from the other player. In all likelihood, both would be better.

I cannot, in good conscience, allow a permenent alteration to your weapon that amounts to an Upgrade with a simple 5 MP spell, 5 of your posts or not 5 of your posts. Most especially I cannot allow it without Consent from the player who's weapon you are copying.

I'm sorry.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuja Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:19 pm

It not an upgrade woman, as I already have two empty slots for abilities to go into. Secondly here is how this is NOT unfair or god moddy in the least.

Ok you guys can just go and make as many weapons as you please, just go and make a weapon topic and get it approved.

So you need fire sword you make topic, you get it done right you get it. Easy

If I want that I have to go and track down Axel, beat the shit out of him, find a way to make sure I can actually hit his weapon with this spell. THEN hold him off for five of my own post while who knows how many people are after me to get the thing back, I am even limited on my ability selection. I can only use 2 of these things while you guys can switch and swap your weapons as much as you want.

Now tell me does my little thing seem so unfair now?
Kuja
Kuja
Approvalist
Approvalist

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:19 pm

*sigh*

Kuja, if you want to build weapons for Takai to absorb, then go right ahead and post them as Weapons in the appropriate Forum. If you want to copy abilities from other weapons during combat then you need more MP *and* Player Consent.

It's the same as building anything else from something another player already has. You need the player's permission to copy their stuff.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuja Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:57 pm

Tell that to mimics and such on FF sites hun. Also if Roxas says ok then fine.
Kuja
Kuja
Approvalist
Approvalist

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:11 pm

You aren't playing a Mimic and this isn't an strict FF site.

If you want to limit the copying of abilities to the thread, then we can talk MP cost for the spell.

If you want permanence for those copied abilities, then you need Player Consent at the very least.

If you want to build Weapons for Takai to absorb as separate Weapon topics, then if Roxas is okay with it so am I.

Just trying to be fair for everyone.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuja Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:55 pm

I know that I am not a mimic grizz it just shows that it is possible for people to get copied so just saying. And very well if Roxas is ok with me making weapons for Takai to absorb abilities from then fine with me. We can then delete this topic.
Kuja
Kuja
Approvalist
Approvalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:33 pm

Kuja...I'd be careful about how you talk to Grizz. Respect is not asked for here, it is required, it is demanded. You post topics to gain MY approval, to gain GRIZZ's approval. We are the Admins, it is our job to give instructions out when you post one of these topics seeking our advice, we give our opinions and don't need any form of disrespect in return. I suspect we won't have another problem again.

Grizz: I'm laying the decision in your hands. Do whatever you think is the best desicion.
Roxas
Roxas
Head Admin
Head Admin

http://kingdomhearts.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:09 am

Well, since the ball is back in my court, I guess I'll err on the side of this.

If you want a permanent addition of abilities to Takai, then post them as individual Weapons and state that the weapon has been absorbed into Takai.

If you're interested in a temporary mimicry of another character's weapon, then we can talk MP cost and duration limits.

Your choice.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuja Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:03 pm

I'll pick the weapon option, but does this mean I can only make two or am I allowed to make as many as I want like you guys? *want to be clear with this*
Kuja
Kuja
Approvalist
Approvalist

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:02 pm

You can make as many as you want, but only two can be active in any one thread, kinda like a charm bangle that attaches to the wristband that controls Takai. That way you can have some variety if you want.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuja Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:16 pm

fair enough thank you.
Kuja
Kuja