Kingdom Hearts
Welcome to our site! We ask that you take a look around and join us for an adventure!
Gryphon (Shade) Large

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kingdom Hearts
Welcome to our site! We ask that you take a look around and join us for an adventure!
Gryphon (Shade) Large
Kingdom Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» June Updates
Gryphon (Shade) EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 12:13 pm by Yuffie

» HELLO OUT THERE!
Gryphon (Shade) EmptySun May 15, 2016 10:22 am by Yuffie

» Squire Knight of the Fourth Order, Luna
Gryphon (Shade) EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 1:45 pm by Roxas

» February Updates
Gryphon (Shade) EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 8:44 pm by Yuffie

» Roxas is a daddy???
Gryphon (Shade) EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:01 pm by Yuffie

» Blast From The Past (Chat room)
Gryphon (Shade) EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 2:41 pm by Roxas

» NEW YEARS BASH (RP EVERYONE CHUM ON!)
Gryphon (Shade) EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:06 pm by Yuffie

» Sea Salt Ice Cream (open to all)
Gryphon (Shade) EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 11:59 am by Yuffie

» My OC: Rowan
Gryphon (Shade) EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:29 am by Yuffie

Navigation
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 251 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:08 am
Admins
Roxas, Head Admin
Roxas
MrsGrizzley, BoardMom Admin
MrsGrizzley
Riku, Points Admin
Riku
Moderators
Shade Leonhart, Attitude Adjuster
Shade Leonhart
Yuffie, Motivational Mod
Yuffie

Gryphon (Shade)

2 posters

Go down

Gryphon (Shade) Empty Gryphon (Shade)

Post by Shade Leonhart Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:01 pm

((If this is too much for a base weapon, let me know. If I'm undermining myself, please let me know as well. I'm used to a site that has strict restrictions for such things, so I don't have a clue as to what's considered fair here. Thanks)

Name: Gryphon

Type: Crossbow/Boomerang

Primary/Secondary: Primary

Description:
The Gryphon is made of smooth, lightweight steel and simple in design on the outside.
Weight: 3lbs 7oz
Height: 2ft 3in.

The Prod (also lathe) is the bow portion of the crossbow that gives the arrows their force of ejection. There are five small narrow openings on the prod where the arrows are ejected. The mechanics of the Gryphon, (such as the crannequin, tumbler, trip lever, etc) are within the prod and not visible.

The Stock (also Tiller) is the bar that supports the weapon and is latched to the arm by two armbands at the wrist and just below the elbow.

The prod section of the Gryphon also serves as a lethal boomerang and can be ejected from the stock to strike at an opponent. ((Twice if you don’t duck!))

Elemental Alignment:
The arrows hold the elemental aspect of the weapon rather than the Prod body itself. One mag of arrows consists of Fire, while another mag of arrows consists of Thunder. Some mags consist of no element at all. Each mag holds up to 30 arrows, but the Gryphon shoots 5 arrows at a time.

Ability/Function: The Prod body of the crossbow also serves as a Boomerang, but contains Wind elemental value when used for accuracy and speed. The Gryphon CANNOT fire arrows AND act as a boomerang at the same time in one post.
Depending on which mag of arrows used. Fire damage or Thunder damage. If non elemental is used, the usual bleeding will do.

Close/long range:Long

History:
It’s still a bit of a mystery. At first the Gryphon was left for Shade as a gift of sorts. She has her suspicions, but nothing of it’s history has been confirmed to her. Its original design was that of a boomerang type weapon only. There’s a sense of familiarity to it, but Shade shrugs it off. Shade then had the Gryphon redesigned to suit her own preference of the crossbow. Being that Shade favors the “looks can be deceiving” approach, the two designs work together to serve as one weapon.

Pictures:
Gryphon (Shade) Scan0001-3-1
Shade Leonhart
Shade Leonhart
Attitude Adjuster
Attitude Adjuster

Back to top Go down

Gryphon (Shade) Empty Re: Gryphon (Shade)

Post by MrsGrizzley Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:49 pm

Okay, we normally allow one free magical attack of some sort as a weapon ability per post, but that's pretty well covered by your Elemental arrows, so you're good.

Everything looks to be in order on this end.

Approved.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

http://www.maracaegrizzley.com

Back to top Go down