Kingdom Hearts
Welcome to our site! We ask that you take a look around and join us for an adventure!
Griever's Gale Large

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kingdom Hearts
Welcome to our site! We ask that you take a look around and join us for an adventure!
Griever's Gale Large
Kingdom Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» June Updates
Griever's Gale EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 12:13 pm by Yuffie

» HELLO OUT THERE!
Griever's Gale EmptySun May 15, 2016 10:22 am by Yuffie

» Squire Knight of the Fourth Order, Luna
Griever's Gale EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 1:45 pm by Roxas

» February Updates
Griever's Gale EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 8:44 pm by Yuffie

» Roxas is a daddy???
Griever's Gale EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:01 pm by Yuffie

» Blast From The Past (Chat room)
Griever's Gale EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 2:41 pm by Roxas

» NEW YEARS BASH (RP EVERYONE CHUM ON!)
Griever's Gale EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:06 pm by Yuffie

» Sea Salt Ice Cream (open to all)
Griever's Gale EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 11:59 am by Yuffie

» My OC: Rowan
Griever's Gale EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:29 am by Yuffie

Navigation
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 251 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:08 am
Admins
Roxas, Head Admin
Roxas
MrsGrizzley, BoardMom Admin
MrsGrizzley
Riku, Points Admin
Riku
Moderators
Shade Leonhart, Attitude Adjuster
Shade Leonhart
Yuffie, Motivational Mod
Yuffie

Griever's Gale

3 posters

Go down

Griever's Gale Empty Griever's Gale

Post by Shade Leonhart Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:49 am

Name: Griever’s Gale

Magic Cost: 30

Duration: It’s immidiate

Requirements: Shade seeing it needs to used >>

Elemental Alignment: Wind/Water

Class: Offensive/Defensive depending on the situation

Description:
The spell itself starts out with Wind being conjured and by Shade’s will, and begins to strengthen and spiral in strength just as a hurricane or tornado. Once at maximum speed, her other hand then conjures the Water element to combine into the raging wind currents. She has the ability to control what direction this spell can take. The surroundings would be effected just as they would by a natural hurricane or tornado. Debris would fly about as well as natural destruction which may also lead to damage if a target is struck.
Target will suffer major wind and water damage as well as any debris damage as stated above.

History:
As with any Seed student, Shade learned her spells from the unique Draw system within her world. There's not much to tell with a skill like this. Every SeeD student learns the ability which conveniently 'draws' what magic an opponent has for the SeeD to acquire and learn and use. Such spell was drawn from a wind/water fiend from Shade's original home of Balamb, close to the ocean territory.

Last edited by Shade Leonhart on Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Shade Leonhart
Shade Leonhart
Attitude Adjuster
Attitude Adjuster

Back to top Go down

Griever's Gale Empty Re: Griever's Gale

Post by Roxas Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:56 am

Make the history a bit longer. Tell about the actual events that helped your character to learn this spell. It looks good though Smile
Roxas
Roxas
Head Admin
Head Admin

http://kingdomhearts.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Leonhart Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:19 am

That ok? Draw system makes it quite easy for spells in that game XD
Shade Leonhart
Shade Leonhart
Attitude Adjuster
Attitude Adjuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Leonhart Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:42 pm

*pokes Roxas again*

hello?
Shade Leonhart
Shade Leonhart
Attitude Adjuster
Attitude Adjuster

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:50 pm

*sigh*

As he must be busy with something . . .

30 MP? Really?

What Tier strength are you trying for? 30 MP can get you a lot of destruction.

Although, granted, Destruction seems to be a specialty of Shade's when she gets peeved to no end.

Just wanting to be sure you're not overpaying for something.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

http://www.maracaegrizzley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Leonhart Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:56 pm

see, this is where its impossible for me to make that call. No offense, but there's nothing here for me to go by to compare or justify strength via MP

For instance? Kuja's rose storm is 5MP, but the winds are stated at 200mph in that spell. So 30MP would make mine 1200mph??
Shade Leonhart
Shade Leonhart
Attitude Adjuster
Attitude Adjuster

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:23 pm

Miles per hour is something that's REALLY easy to ignore when things start whipping around. Most people don't even KNOW what wind speed really means anyway. It's almost a useless number unless you're dealing with someone who KNOWS that he's talking Above Category 5 Hurricane Wind Speeds and shouldn't have something that strong. *sigh* Dear gak, did I really not read that correctly?

It's why I tend to prefer stating things in terms of Tier Strength, because that's so much easier for me to understand and it makes things much more uniform across the board.

What kind of damage are you looking to inflict? Tier 1? Tier 2? Tier 3? Above and Beyond? Aerith's Holy? Sephiroth's Meteor?

5 MP, no matter WHAT the stated wind speed is, can only do Tier 1 damage. That's on par with the Fire spell. Very strong against low level characters and monsters, not so great against higher level ones unless the caster is so far above their level that it doesn't take anything more than that.

10 MP, regardless of wind speed, does Tier 2 damage unless it does Tier 1 damage and has a secondary effect, like inflicts Poison in addition to the straight initial damage. That's Fira. A good midline spell, horrifying to low level characters and monsters, strong enough to raise eyebrows of higher level ones, unless the caster is so far above the level of the target that it makes even a moderately strong character blanch.

15 MP is Tier 3 damage, unless there are other factors increasing the cost for lower Tier damage outlays. That's Firaga. Low level characters DO NOT WANT to see this level of Damage. Moderate level characters fear it. High level characters wince. And Kingdom Hearts save you if the person casting the spell overwhelms your point count by twice.

Spells of 20 MP and greater are getting into areas where we need to be VERY careful about what kind of damage is being done because these are the Meteors, the VII Holys, the Ultimas and so on. These are HUGE spells and the level of destruction is on par with some of what the massive monsters like Sin could do in FFX.

And Player Characters are not supposed to be that strong, not according to my understanding.

Though if Roxas disagrees he's more than welcome to butt in here and correct me.

Does this help?

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

http://www.maracaegrizzley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:54 am

Sorry Shade, I honestly didn't know I had posted in this topic, I never check the little thing that says "view your posts". I thought it was another one of yours , but please forgive me.

I like it, looks fine to me. You got any issues with it Grizz?
Roxas
Roxas
Head Admin
Head Admin

http://kingdomhearts.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Leonhart Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:19 am

Roxas wrote:Sorry Shade, I honestly didn't know I had posted in this topic, I never check the little thing that says "view your posts". I thought it was another one of yours , but please forgive me.

*reads that...looks at his avatar pic...reads that...looks at his avatar pic...*

oh that's... -.- damn you Roxas...

XD

Seriously tho, it's happens. I don't catch everything where I Moderate too, sweetie, it's ok.

As for this thing, it's still under discussion. We'll get it cleared up Roxas, no worries Wink

*throws you a shock collar* go play >>
Shade Leonhart
Shade Leonhart
Attitude Adjuster
Attitude Adjuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum