Kingdom Hearts
Welcome to our site! We ask that you take a look around and join us for an adventure!
Gravitational Force  Large

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kingdom Hearts
Welcome to our site! We ask that you take a look around and join us for an adventure!
Gravitational Force  Large
Kingdom Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» June Updates
Gravitational Force  EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 12:13 pm by Yuffie

» HELLO OUT THERE!
Gravitational Force  EmptySun May 15, 2016 10:22 am by Yuffie

» Squire Knight of the Fourth Order, Luna
Gravitational Force  EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 1:45 pm by Roxas

» February Updates
Gravitational Force  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 8:44 pm by Yuffie

» Roxas is a daddy???
Gravitational Force  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:01 pm by Yuffie

» Blast From The Past (Chat room)
Gravitational Force  EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 2:41 pm by Roxas

» NEW YEARS BASH (RP EVERYONE CHUM ON!)
Gravitational Force  EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:06 pm by Yuffie

» Sea Salt Ice Cream (open to all)
Gravitational Force  EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 11:59 am by Yuffie

» My OC: Rowan
Gravitational Force  EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:29 am by Yuffie

Navigation
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 251 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:08 am
Admins
Roxas, Head Admin
Roxas
MrsGrizzley, BoardMom Admin
MrsGrizzley
Riku, Points Admin
Riku
Moderators
Shade Leonhart, Attitude Adjuster
Shade Leonhart
Yuffie, Motivational Mod
Yuffie

Gravitational Force

4 posters

Go down

Gravitational Force  Empty Gravitational Force

Post by Zetsu Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:27 am

Name: Gravitational Force

Magic Cost: 10 to use

Duration: Lasts 5 posts

Requirements: The user will build up energy and then snap their fingers to use the spell.

Elemental Alignment: Space

Class: Supplementary

Description: This spell allows the user to control the very gravity around them. This allows them to make their opponents much slower, but it also makes the user slower. Nothing in the area, as far as looks go change when using this spell. It makes the users character slightly slower, but seeing as the use the spell, they are not effected by the extra weight. This makes the opponent much slower and makes it harder for them to do anything that involves much moving. The area effected is a 10 feet radius. User effected by this spell making the everything heavier by 1.5. Also they would move 1.5 slower than normal.

History: Zetsu had used the darkness around to make the area much heavier. He has trained using this spell, for a very long time, meaning that he is not really effected by the force. When the spell is not activated he is much faster because of the training he has with this spell.

Last edited by Zetsu on Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:10 pm; edited 4 times in total

Zetsu
Noob cake
Noob cake

Back to top Go down

Gravitational Force  Empty Re: Gravitational Force

Post by MrsGrizzley Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:25 pm

Gravity manipulation for 5?

Uh, I'm not sure about that. At the least you'll need 10, 5 for base and 5 for duration, and I'm not sure that you aren't affecting more than is possible for a 5 to start.

What sort of radius of effect are you talking about and how much slower are you talking? And since you're having the spell affect the caster to a lesser degree than the opponent that tells me that you're bending gravity in your direction, which will bring your opponents much closer much more quickly.

Now, that can be good, or that can be bad, depending on circumstances.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

http://www.maracaegrizzley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zetsu Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:04 pm

Updated the first two parts.

But the last part you are totally wrong about. I'm saying that the user is use the extra gravity, so it does not effect them as much.

Zetsu
Noob cake
Noob cake

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:17 pm

Okay, for the sake of my American sensibilities, what would that be in feet or yards? I don't like having to search Google for a translator when someone whips out the metric system.

Look, it's as simple as this. If you're increasing the gravitational pull in a given area downwards, then the caster is going to be affected to the same degree as everyone else caught in it. If you are centering that pull on the caster so that the caster is unaffected or minimally affected, then you're going to be pulling people in because the caster is now the center of gravity.

And again, what degree of "slowness" are you afflicting people with?

Look, if all you want is a fancy form of "Slow-All", then say so and don't start changing the gravitational field. That just invites extra caution on the part of an approvist and makes the whole process that much more complicated.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zetsu Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:21 pm

its 60 feet.

But again, you are wrong. If someone is use to a certain type of gravity, they won't be effected as much. I'm not saying he's not getting effected, but its just not as noticeable to him. and I'll add in how slow the people get.

Zetsu
Noob cake
Noob cake

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:32 pm

While you might be correct in terms of real world physics, it doesn't follow that we can allow that in THIS kind of environment. I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't try to make sure that things are fair for all players. Since you're talking in terms of the gravitational field, that's going to make trying to put in a User Exclusion VERY twitchy.

And the reason I keep wanting to know the level of "slow" is because it has an effect on how much this is going to cost you. The greater the effect the more it will cost in terms of MP because thus far the spell ranks as Tier 1.

Also 60ft radius is 120ft diameter, and no. I cannot allow a Tier 1 level spell that large. I can allow a 10ft radius, 20 ft diameter for Tier 1 level, but nothing that HUGE. That would cover almost the WHOLE battle arena for any of the boss fights in the game.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zetsu Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:45 pm

For the last time, its not excluding my character. My character is use the the gravity so doesn't mind it as other would...I don't know how much simpler I cam make this.

Edited to ten feet radius.

Zetsu
Noob cake
Noob cake

Back to top Go down

Post by Caranore Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:55 pm

Lemme jsut throw this out there. Since its Zetsu's darkness, he wouldnt be affected by it at all since it IS him. If we go by that, TECHNICALLY it extends outwards from his body, allowing him to remain unaffected by the technique himself.

Take for example Axel's flame techniques. He is unaffected by them, as shown in KH2, yet can use them to burn nearly anything else around him. The gravitational forces are the exact same concept, this one just slows people down instead of burning them into a crisp (I mean come on, look at Axel's techniques. Noone should be able to survive that).

Since we now take that into consideration, Axels attack also extends past 10 feet, easily exceeding 30 feet, possibly up to 50. Again, this is the exact same concept here. Burn to crisp, or just slow down? Honestly, Id go with just slow down.

Now, if we get into overpowering, I wouldnt mind going through everyone elses applications and pointing out whats wrong with them compared to this. Ive seen worse stuff get approved than this. Maybe lower the post duration, but all in all? Its really weak for a technique if slowing down is all it does.

EDIT: Because this will be needed.

Example one: Heartshield

Ok, so its a shield against physical attacks. All physical attacks. Can include 2 people. For 10 MP. *buzzer nose* WRONG. Fire is a 5 MP spell. Protect, which only covers 1 person and reduces physical damage is a 10 MP spell.

Example two: Prime Gale

15 MP. 2 posts. Any magic spell thrown at it is nullified. Literally any magic spell since there are almost no magic spells that exceed 15 MP. Let alone the user is by no means weaponless, and can move around while using this technique.

Example three: Light Shield

10 MP, negates nearly all magic attacks, and reduces 15MP+. Since this is roleplaying, I can easily assume that if this had been used, the higher MP attacks have easily been reduce to less than half their original power. Now we take into consideration of Protect. THis is just a magic version. Therefore, the point made in example one also stands to be valid here.
Caranore
Caranore

Back to top Go down

Post by Riku Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:46 pm

Zetsu wrote:Name: Gravitational Force

Magic Cost: 10 to use

Duration: Lasts 5 posts

Requirements: The user will build up energy and then snap their fingers to use the spell.

Elemental Alignment: Darkness

Class: Supplementary

Description: This spell allows the user to control the very gravity around them. This allows them to make their opponents much slower, but it also makes the user slower. Nothing in the area, as far as looks go change when using this spell. It makes the users character slightly slower, but seeing as the use the spell, they are not effected by the extra weight. This makes the opponent much slower and makes it harder for them to do anything that involves much moving. The area effected is a 10 feet radius. User effected by this spell making the everything heavier by 1.5. Also they would move 1.5 slower than normal.

History: Zetsu had used the darkness around to make the area much heavier. He has trained using this spell, for a very long time, meaning that he is not really effected by the force. When the spell is not activated he is much faster because of the training he has with this spell.

...You wanna tell me how this works without the Space Element?

As for your examples? Go get an admin, and have them give those spells a second look.
Riku
Riku
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zetsu Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:06 pm

Dark Matter - a hypothetical form of matter that is believed to make up 90 percent of the universe; it is invisible (does not absorb or emit light) and does not collide with atomic particles but exerts gravitational force

Zetsu
Noob cake
Noob cake

Back to top Go down

Post by Riku Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:13 pm

True enough.

But, this is Kingdom Hearts.

You can make giant keys made of gold, silver, and god knows what else out of thin air. And they shapeshift by attaching kitschy knicknacks.

Also, I direct you here.

http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Status_Effects

I'm all for creativity, but, it's gotta fit the game's established mechanics.

(Besides, even if physics were translated to KH magic, Dark Matter would STILL be space. It's called Dark because it can't be seen, not because it has Dark Magic in it.)
Riku
Riku
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zetsu Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:22 pm

Well, if thats true, I would like to change my character to have that element.

Zetsu
Noob cake
Noob cake

Back to top Go down

Post by Riku Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:27 pm

To the best of my knowledge, you can't do that. Even if you can, you'll have to take that up with an admin.

Also, your above argument of "being used to the strong gravity" would render you SUPERHUMAN in normal gravity. And, since you're not, that ain't gonna fly.
Riku
Riku
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zetsu Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:36 pm

its not the strong of gravity. 1.5 times your weight is not that much. if you weigh 100 pounds, with this spell you only weigh 150 pounds. It does not give me that much of an advantage.

Zetsu
Noob cake
Noob cake

Back to top Go down

Post by Riku Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:00 pm

Yeah, but, here's the rub.

People don't list character weights. So, this is REALLY subjective. And the person could be strong enough that the spell's effect would be negligible.

Besides, adding half the targets weight may not affect stats the way you think it will.
Riku
Riku
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zetsu Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:02 pm

Well, I was only giving an example. The character will just get slightly slower, because they are not use to the increase in weight. And even if the can be that strong enough, I'm okay with that.

The spell will get stronger as I go on, I'm a starting character, my spells shouldn't be too amazing.

Zetsu
Noob cake
Noob cake

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:12 pm

Okay, for one, Caranore, please refrain from posting in Creation topics that are not your own. This is a matter for Zetsu and the Staff.

Thank you for trying to be helpful, if that was your intention, but that should have been better handled in a PM.

Zetsu, if you want to change one of your Elements, you're going to have to tell me which one you're willing to give up. You currently have Darkness, Lightning, and Fire, in that order. What do you want to replace?

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zetsu Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:16 pm

Replace Fire.

Zetsu
Noob cake
Noob cake

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:20 pm

Alright, Fire is the Tertiary Element, which means that it is the one which you have the LEAST skill with. That will affect how your spells work in terms of strength.

You sure?

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zetsu Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:22 pm

Make Lightning my Tertiary and the new one Secondary

Zetsu
Noob cake
Noob cake

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:51 pm

Alright. Elements have been changed.

As I have already informed Zetsu, this is a change I'm only allowing once.

Now, let's deal with the particulars of the spell. Riku, did you have any other questions?

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:30 pm

Okay, seeing as the Element has been changed to fit the effect, which is more or less equal to the 1ton status effect already in the game, and there is a duration limit to the spell . . .

Well, unless Roxas sees something out of place which we missed I don't have any remaining concerns.

Approved.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down