Kingdom Hearts
Welcome to our site! We ask that you take a look around and join us for an adventure!
Birth by Sleep Large

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kingdom Hearts
Welcome to our site! We ask that you take a look around and join us for an adventure!
Birth by Sleep Large
Kingdom Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» June Updates
Birth by Sleep EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 12:13 pm by Yuffie

» HELLO OUT THERE!
Birth by Sleep EmptySun May 15, 2016 10:22 am by Yuffie

» Squire Knight of the Fourth Order, Luna
Birth by Sleep EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 1:45 pm by Roxas

» February Updates
Birth by Sleep EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 8:44 pm by Yuffie

» Roxas is a daddy???
Birth by Sleep EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:01 pm by Yuffie

» Blast From The Past (Chat room)
Birth by Sleep EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 2:41 pm by Roxas

» NEW YEARS BASH (RP EVERYONE CHUM ON!)
Birth by Sleep EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:06 pm by Yuffie

» Sea Salt Ice Cream (open to all)
Birth by Sleep EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 11:59 am by Yuffie

» My OC: Rowan
Birth by Sleep EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:29 am by Yuffie

Navigation
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 251 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:08 am
Admins
Roxas, Head Admin
Roxas
MrsGrizzley, BoardMom Admin
MrsGrizzley
Riku, Points Admin
Riku
Moderators
Shade Leonhart, Attitude Adjuster
Shade Leonhart
Yuffie, Motivational Mod
Yuffie

Birth by Sleep

5 posters

Go down

Birth by Sleep Empty Birth by Sleep

Post by Chaos Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:47 am

Yes. I said it. The game is coming out very, very soon. I have a PSP and I'm getting it reserved. Who else is getting it? I bet most of the KH lovers probably downloaded or bought the Japanese version, but it isn't as great because you miss all the good plotness.

I want it. Who else is getting it? Who's not getting it? Psht. If I'm in a giving mood, I may even buy someone one. I love KH that much that I must share it. Share it plenty.
Chaos
Chaos
Noob cake
Noob cake

http://naruto-forums.com

Back to top Go down

Birth by Sleep Empty Re: Birth by Sleep

Post by Shade Leonhart Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:22 pm

Wish I could share in the enthusiasm, because I honestly “want” to be excited about it, but I can’t. I even had a friend show me a preview of it last night, and it only depressed me.

I made it ¾ of the way through the 2nd KH game, but finally got fed up with the plot getting split up. Then it was split yet again when the 3rd one came out….AND it’s getting split AGAIN for this Birth by Sleep.

So like with FF13, I have been led down the road of disappointment all over again. Sorry, but story plots mean just as much to me in a game as does the fun in playing it. When it becomes a chaos of re-incarnation, flashback memories that are more confusing than Pulp Fiction? I’m left in the dust.

But I do hope you all have fun with it ^^ The graphics look incredible!!!
Shade Leonhart
Shade Leonhart
Attitude Adjuster
Attitude Adjuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Xion Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:16 pm

Nyeeeeh.....They Mix up the plot and characters too much....The "Somebodies" Of the Organization , just look like younger versions of themselves...Pfft My ass..But have fun with it noobcake~
Xion
Xion

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:51 pm

Wish I could really share your enthusiasm, too, but I don't even have a PSP. I've got a DS and I never even TRIED to get Days. I can keep track, sorta, of the plots between the stories, I just can't PLAY the games.

*shrug* Maybe I'll get around to getting copies of the PS2 games, but I dunno.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

http://www.maracaegrizzley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:29 pm

What?! Weak. You get spoiled too much. Should just buy the game on impulse! No studying or analyzing. You may like it even though it sounds bad. Though, I didn't find anything really off by KH2 so I was ok with that one.

The Gameplay was the main portion of the game anyway. Good gameplay, ya got me there. Though, Graphics are what I focus on the most.
Chaos
Chaos
Noob cake
Noob cake

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:24 pm

Chaos, some of us simply do not have the ability to buy things on impulse. I kinda burned up my allotment of impulse buying back around my birthday in early June. That was when I got the two FFCC games and several FF GBA games and DragonQuest IV and several others.

And Hubbybear keeps insisting that the PSP is going to die as a platform so he's not willing to put any money out for one. *shrug*

I just want all my old PSone games on handheld systems so I can play them without turning on the TV. I don't play many newer games at all.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:11 am

Doesn't matter if it dies as a system, even though it won't. You can still play the games they have. They still make Gameboy Sp and Advance games, yet they have the DS. They still make PS2 games and there's the PS3. You really think they are going to off the PSP for the PSPgo? They are remaking PSone games and allowing you to play them on the PSP and the PSP will have plenty of games in the future too. For instance, I play FF8 and FF7 on my PSP and, recently, started on this game called Wild Arms. I'm just waiting for them to remake Legend of the Dragoon and life will be amazing.

Doesn't matter if you have or don't have the money. Just, would you buy the game? I mean, it's not like it will disappear after being out for a day. You have more than ample time to get it. Everyone is saying no. No body wants the next KH game on a KH forum. People always get stuck on the "not as good as the first one" jazz. Not many games are better than their predesscors, because you are looking for it to be the same yet different. If you look at it as an entirely new game, then you have yourself some fun. Though, people are just too focused on other things.

There is also going to be one for the next DS for next year. Supposed to be in 3D.

Chaos
Chaos
Noob cake
Noob cake

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:16 pm

*sigh*

For one, there are no more new GBA games. Just old ones still being sold because the DS and DS lite can play them. I've got a DS lite in part because I can play the older games on it, which is why I now have access to all the basic FFs other than 6.

I played Legend of Dragoon the first time around and it, quite simply, needed a complete combat overhaul. It was too impossible for me to get the timing down for the attack sequences so I was never able to get the full experience, I suppose. I *think* I finished the game, but I know full well that I didn't do everything I could have.

And no, I can't play the games for the PSP. I don't have one. Hubbybear refuses to buy the system. *shrug*

If they get Legend of Mana for it, though, then he and I might have to sit down and have a talk because that's at least two FFs, two Star Oceans, and Legend of Mana. The kicker is if Legend of Legaia goes that route as well. Legaia 2 for the PS2 was a better game, but the older one still rocked.

Basically, if I can get my entire PSone collection on the thing then I'll probably insist for at least those games. But I still have a working PSX. *shrug* It's having to share AV cables with the PS2 but it still works.

As for Birth by Sleep, I don't know if I would or wouldn't buy it. I don't own KH, or KH2, or CoM, or Days. I honestly don't know if I would pay for a game that I don't have the rest of the series for.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:20 pm

I couldn't beat this Red Dragon you have to fight atop this mountain. Then, a few years later, my game broke. I never got to Disc 4 of Legend of the Dragoon!!!

And yes. The Star Ocean remakes were fun. I beat one of the FF games, which I think was FF2, and need to get around to really playing FF1.

And lol. I don't know what a PSX is.

And oh my dang! I can't believe you don't have KH or KH2. Can I buy them for you? Or send you mine? Though, my KH may freeze, you should be able to get to the end. Game is old. You have to actually play them. Live the story out. It is so much fun.
Chaos
Chaos
Noob cake
Noob cake

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:39 pm

*SIGH*

PSX is the term for the PSone that was released *before* the PS2. There are differences between the PSX and the PSone even though they are the same system and play the same games.

I have *tried* to play KH. I borrowed by BIL's copy (that's Brother In Law in case you couldn't figure it out) and started to play, but the system was not fun, I'm not good at those sort of games, and Sora ANNOYED me.

Seriously, I liked Riku a TON more.

Basically, I think I got just past Wonderland and then quit because I was just having too difficult a time with it.

I strongly recommend Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates or Echoes of Time, though. After playing those, I *might* try KH again, dunno though. Without a Selkie with Doublejump right at the start . . .

Gah, I love Selkie Doublejump.

As for FFI, I've played that and beaten it. Shortest Final Fantasy game I have EVER seen. I kid you not. I had no clue what I was doing and wasted hours of time, but I finished the whole game in under 30 hours. Might've been around 27 hours, I think. Have never played FFII, couldn't get into it real well, didn't get much further than a good 15 minutes in.

I'm most of the way through FFIII, but set it down after having hell getting through the final dungeon and haven't gone back. Beaten FFIV. About 15 mins in on FFV, mostly to make sure my copy worked. Played and beaten multiple times with 100+ hour games FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FFX-2 (where I have OVER 300 collective hours in several save files). Managed to beat FFXII once. Pretty good game, but never finished all the side stuff.

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time will mess with your head if you let it. *grin* One reason I love that game.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xion Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:27 pm

Grizz, BREATH!
Xion
Xion

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:29 pm

Hey Xion, want some E with that breath?

To be honest, Hercules has one of the toughest situations at the beginning of the game. Cloud and Cerberus and even Herc himself is formidable. You have to level like crazy. Alice though takes some time. Sux that you didn't enjoy it though. I think it's fun though that you didn't enjoy the game or character, yet you like the plot so much.

And I wasn't sure about that FF game. One, I think it's Exclusively for Nintendo and I dispise the Wii, even though I play it. I am against playing a serious game on the Wii...Though, if the game is that good I would consider it. Two, It looks very free and open. I prefer a certain sort of Battle program/style and, well, you know the ATB and the Magic of the previous games. It looks very different and I haven't gained enough interest in it yet.

30 Hours? Seriously? Was there a side quest after the main battle? The second one is fun. I leveled my magic so far because I got lost too much. Though, there is this boss named Lucifer...He's an ass.

OH! Star Ocean till the End of Time is one of my all time favorites. I wanted to play the newer one, but I don't have an Xbox. I don't really want an Xbox because I don't have any games for it. For my PS3 I have all my PS2 and PS games and I enjoy their games a little more. Plus, I"m already used to the controls. Though, Star Ocean tteot is an game that defines epicness. Fate, Maria and Adray were the best. Sophia had some good spells, but Adray had the attack power and magic power together.

Dang I miss that game. Mine freezes because it's so old and worn and scratched. I had well over 120 hours in that game. I had did the Maze of Tribulations and the Sphere Company and got far. So very far. Then all my data was lost...Yet I still did a new game uncarring!
Chaos
Chaos
Noob cake
Noob cake

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:42 pm

Adray was never one of my high usage characters.

Nel, though, . . . I almost NEVER finished a game where I didn't keep Nel. I suppose it only makes sense, then, that I'm playing a Ninja-Samurai mix of a character with maroon hair and tattoos. *chuckle* Tattoos that she uses to power her magic. On another site. Yeah.

Nel was excellent, Maria was cool. Peppita rocked in some ways. But Nel was the one I was always using myself. I LOVED Flying Guillotine.

I've done the Maze of Tribulations with one game and I *think* I got most of the way through Sphere 211 but I got bogged down somewhere trying to level my equipment some and lost track of where I was going and why.

Ring of Fates and Echoes of Time are both for the DS, not the Wii. Echoes is available on the Wii, but the copy I have is for my DS. I don't have ANY of the current gen systems. I've got a PSX, a PS2, a DS, and stuff that's older than that buried in closets from where Hubbybear put it into storage. No Xbox, no Gamecube, no Nintendo 64 (that's at Grandma's), no 360, no PS3, no Wii.

I highly recommend the FFCC games. I never got to play the original FFCC game, but I understand that it was almost impossible to complete without the multiplayer aspect and that was more involved than simply hooking up another controller. That's actually not as much of a problem with the DS games. The Multiplayer is there, it makes some areas easier because the AI on the bots, particularly in Echoes, is idiotic, but at least you get them.

Now, the Crystal Bearers is Wii, but I haven't even been able to try that one so I don't have an opinion yet.

As for FFI, well, you have to understand, part of the reason that the game was soooooo darn short is that it was originally coded without a Save feature. You had to play through without turning off the machine back in the ancient days. When they brought it to PSX, though, they added a save feature with the Inns and *some* of the recovery items like the Sleeping Bag, if I remember correctly.

Later when the game was redone again for GBA they added bonus dungeons and such to add content and I haven't a clue how much was added for the PSP version. I know that, at least, all the monster graphics were redrawn.

I tend to keep all my old games in fairly good condition, actually. *shrug*

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ventus Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:07 am

I'm Liking Chaos and his implusiveness. Dude, I'm getting the game, cuz the star and I'm cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ventus
Ventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Xion Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:32 am

*puts a hand on Venny's head* Welcome back Lul~
Xion
Xion

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:32 pm

Welcome back Venny!!