Kingdom Hearts
Welcome to our site! We ask that you take a look around and join us for an adventure!
Life & Death Large

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kingdom Hearts
Welcome to our site! We ask that you take a look around and join us for an adventure!
Life & Death Large
Kingdom Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» June Updates
Life & Death EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 12:13 pm by Yuffie

» HELLO OUT THERE!
Life & Death EmptySun May 15, 2016 10:22 am by Yuffie

» Squire Knight of the Fourth Order, Luna
Life & Death EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 1:45 pm by Roxas

» February Updates
Life & Death EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 8:44 pm by Yuffie

» Roxas is a daddy???
Life & Death EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:01 pm by Yuffie

» Blast From The Past (Chat room)
Life & Death EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 2:41 pm by Roxas

» NEW YEARS BASH (RP EVERYONE CHUM ON!)
Life & Death EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:06 pm by Yuffie

» Sea Salt Ice Cream (open to all)
Life & Death EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 11:59 am by Yuffie

» My OC: Rowan
Life & Death EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:29 am by Yuffie

Navigation
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 251 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:08 am
Admins
Roxas, Head Admin
Roxas
MrsGrizzley, BoardMom Admin
MrsGrizzley
Riku, Points Admin
Riku
Moderators
Shade Leonhart, Attitude Adjuster
Shade Leonhart
Yuffie, Motivational Mod
Yuffie

Life & Death

2 posters

Go down

Life & Death Empty Life & Death

Post by Dove Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:30 pm

Name: Life & Death

Type of Weapon: Dual Katanas

Primary/Secondary: Primary

Description:
    Dual katanas made from Dove's own soul and as such they are extremely light, but still capable of dealing an adequate amount of damage. They are completely black with the handles being laced in a blood red color. The blades themselves lack a guard and have no known sheath. Their size varies depending on Dove's need. The only difference between the two blades is that Life is lighter than Death.
Elemental Alignment: None
    However, they can be imbued with Dove's wind or ice element. Cost varies.
Ability/Function:
  • The blades can generally only be utilized by Dove due to being made from her soul.
  • Their length varies according to Dove's need. This can be done at any point in a fight, but has a "cooldown" of three of Dove's post before she can change its size again.
  • Alone, the blades have no element, but Dove can utilize her elements with her blades at any point.
  • The blades will disappear in the next post if they aren't physically connected to Dove, but may be recalled in Dove's next post.
    Also note that Dove is unable to utilize Life yet as she has yet to figure out how to re-summon it.
Close/Long Range: Close

History:
    At a young age Dove picked up on swordplay and after Argon caught wind of this, he allowed her to take lessons; however, after a few years she no longer needed lessons as she proved to be quite a natural. Argon was in the process of making a special weapon for Dove himself at the time. Little did he know that Dove would create her own weapon with little expense.

Going out and about on the island as boys once more, as Dove and Raven often did to escape the constant eyes of the adults, a larger than normal crowd of Nobodies and Heartless attacked them. Raven was all but helpless in the battle, forcing Dove to fight many of them alone and without a weapon. She could have used her elements to take out some of the Heartless and Nobodies, but her elements generally took up a lot of energy and stamina from her. In the midst of the fight, under great pressure and stress without realizing it Dove had "summoned" the katanas.

After the battle, Dove and Raven then pretending to be boys by the name of Hato and Karasu, she examined her new-found weapons and pondered on where they had come from as well as what she would do with them for she had no sheath and Argon would be sure to ask her of them. Raven was just as perplexed as Dove as to how the weapon had come into being. For the time being they wondered about what to name the blades. Dove essentially called them "Life" and "Death" after them, but when she turned to look at the blades she had set on the sand she found them gone.

For the next few weeks or so, they would continue to experiment and wonder how to re-summon Life and Death, but thus far they could not think of anything. It was then that Argon presented the half finished blade to Dove and asked what she thought of it. Not sure how to explain to him that she already had a weapon or two, Dove tried avoiding him for a few days. While out on the beach alone Dove was once more faced with Nobodies and Heartless, but at a smaller scale this time. This time, she paid attention to how things went and managed to summon Life and Death again.

With her success, she returned home to show Argon her weapons, although it was much more difficult for her to call upon such weapons when not in immediate danger. Over time, with practice and experience it has become second nature to her and she has become quite adept at utilizing them. Shortly after her promise to Raven to no longer kill, she began instead to twist her words so that only Death would kill while Life would just force one to admit defeat to her. Being ambidextrous she was able to utilize both blades with either hand and thus keep many from figuring this out as very few people can tell the difference between Life and Death since the only real difference is that they weight differently.

After partaking in the darker arts of life Dove has lost the ability to summon Life (being that she no longer remembers how to properly summon Life). Even after her promise to Raven to no longer take the lives of people, Death still inflicts mortal blows every now and then. It seems that Death is destined to forever cause and rec havoc. (But Life doesn't always land hard blows and has yet to ever finish off anyone.) Though this has proved to be of little problem to Dove as she is ambidextrous and is able to utilize Death with either hand and often changes blades quite easily from hand to hand.

Last edited by Dove on Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dove
Dove

Back to top Go down

Life & Death Empty Re: Life & Death

Post by MrsGrizzley Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:39 pm

For one, we don't deal with magic in single points. It's 5 point sets.

That said, I don't see the need for MP cost for the recall ability.

I don't understand what you mean by Death ending a life and Life ending a battle.

As a side note, you have to reach 500 posts, if I remember correctly, to have dual wield, so these can only be used one at a time for the time being.

Other than that, looks like an interesting concept.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

http://www.maracaegrizzley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:22 pm

MrsGrizzley wrote:For one, we don't deal with magic in single points. It's 5 point sets.

That said, I don't see the need for MP cost for the recall ability.
I thought this only applied for spells since it was only stated so in the Spell Section, anyway if there really is no need for MP cost I can do without it. (Truthfully, wasn't sure if there would be a need for MP cost for things like summoning a weapon, just went with since its not "normal" it'd require something.)

MrsGrizzley wrote:I don't understand what you mean by Death ending a life and Life ending a battle.
Death ends a person's life, while Life ends a battle, not necessarily ending someone's life. Sorry, bad choice of words, just couldn't think of other words.

MrsGrizzley wrote:As a side note, you have to reach 500 posts, if I remember correctly, to have dual wield, so these can only be used one at a time for the time being.
Doesn't this just apply to Keyblade Wielders? I'm just using regular swords that don't have the Keyblade effects or anything (primarily because I know nothing about them...).
Dove
Dove

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:46 pm

I believe that it applies to all fighters. I'll have to ask Roxas to make sure, but I believe that's the standard ruling. It's a fairly common restriction for several of the sites I've seen, though.

As far as the Death and Life thing, though, just a word of warning. Character death is extremely twitchy and usually requires player consent to a killing blow. How would Life end a battle?

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:50 pm

Ahh edited and if the whole "dual wielding" does apply to all weapons then I'll go with edited history.

Regarding the part about death and life... I was just stating that in accordance to how she's wielded them thus far in her creation. I know that in order to actually "kill" someone you'd have to do it realistically and by ending a battle I mean in a way that forces the person to "give" or "surrender". I didn't mean that Death literally kills a person with one blow or that Life can end a battle through some kind of magic or anything.

[Sorry haven't really done much on here in awhile. Recently been assigned a lot more of homework and a few projects.]

Edit: While I'm at it... does the whole "5 MP cost" really apply to everything because I've read and thus far it only says so for spells and skills. So... does that mean that other things like enchantments don't necessarily have to be 5MP each time?

I'm asking cause I'm starting on my character's possible spells/enchantments/etc.
Dove
Dove

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrizzley Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:59 pm

It's okay, about the delay and all. *smile* I understand.

Okay, since I'm going to presume that the dualwielding restriction is all weapons, since I seem to remember a discussion that direction on the other site, I will state that you can change weapons mid-duel by sheathing one and drawing the other in a post. That means that if you've reached the point where you are ending the duel, you can draw Life for that purpose and if you ever have cause and circumstance to kill appropriately you can draw Death. If you want.

Just as long as the restrictions are understood.

Grizz
MrsGrizzley
MrsGrizzley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: